The Venus One Tourism Academy in Bali is allowing students to pay their fees…in coconuts!
This is brilliant on so many levels…
1. Students who can’t afford the education, can now get it.
2. They’re learning, not just academics, but how to make real products.
3. They’re also learning about creating and running a business.
4. They’re learning important lesson about the environment & sustainability.
5. Specifically, they’re learning valuable lessons that will be an integral part of the tourism & hospitality business in the future – namely, sustainable business practices.
Here’s a link to the story – https://bit.ly/2Ulym2X
PS: Thanks to Professor Gerry Bodeker for the link!
#sustainability #businessmodels #hospitalityindustry